Workforce Development Center can provide assistance
to those in employment transition. County residency
restrictions apply, so please contact the economic
support program in the county in which you live.
Waukesha County Department of Health and Human Services will no longer accept mail dropoff at the Workforce Development Center as of December 11, 2015. Kiosk service for ACCESS will not be available at the Center effective December 18th, 2015. You are encouraged to apply for benefits online at access.wi.gov or call the Moraine Lakes Call Center at 1-888-446-1239 for prompt assistance.
Kiosk service is available at:
Human Services Center
514 Riverview Avenue, Waukesha, WI 53188
Phone: 1-888-446-1239 Fax: 1-855-293-1822 TTY: 711
- Food Share (Formerly
known as Food Stamps): Can help eligible
persons and families buy the food they need
for good health. Food share are based on income
and assets, do not have a time limit and can
be given on an emergency basis. The Food Share
Employment and Training Program (FSET) assists
people who get food share to find a job through
work activities and education and training.
- Waukesha Housing Authority: The Waukesha Housing Authority is a non-profit organization providing low-income housing and a variety of resources including family self-sufficiency.
- Emergency Assistance: Families facing homelessness due to fire, flood, natural disaster or other financial reasons outside their control may be eligible for an Emergency Assistance Grant. Financial and non-financial eligibility criteria need to be met.
- Energy Assistance: Available
through the WDC’s in Ozaukee and
Washington Counties. Wisconsin’s
Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP)
may provide a one-time benefit payment
for each heating season, help with non-heating
costs or provide crisis assistance to
- Refugee Cash Assistance and Refugee
Medicaid: A cash assistance program
and medical assistance program to eligible
- W-2: Provides income eligible
families employment assistance through
community service jobs and other work-readiness
activities. Work experience positions
have monthly payments based on participation.
W-2 offers: Community Service Jobs, W-2
Transitions, Case Management.
- W-2 Childcare: Wisconsin Shares
is a program that provides childcare funding
for all eligible families. Parents eligible
for a subsidy from Wisconsin Shares can
choose any child care provider who is
certified or licensed. Income eligible
working families are encouraged to participate
in Wisconsin Shares.
- Child Care Assistance: (Program Eligibility Required)
- Job Access Loan: Help in meeting basic
costs related to getting and keeping employment. (Program Eligibility Required)
- Transportation reimbursement for specific programs. (Program Eligibility Required)
- Referral to community resources.